Show off your Super Bowl table with our clever DIY game day toppers for your appetizers or desserts! A choice of templates makes it easy to dress up your table and show off team colors and it’s super inexpensive.
To get started, download, print and cut out our Everyday Dishes & DIY foam finger DIY game day toppers template or jersey DIY game day toppers template using scissors. Templates provide fronts and backs for six foam fingers and four jerseys.
Select foam sheets in colors that reflect opposing teams or just those for your favorite team—and hope your guests agree. Take a mental head count and be sure to make enough for all those sliders and sandwiches you’ve fixed.
Place cutouts on foam sheets then cut out shapes using scissors or an X-acto knife—we prefer a knife because it gives a much cleaner cut.
Glue flat wood craft picks to either the front or back of each cutout using a hot glue gun. Hot glue is a great adhesive for foam but it dries very quickly, so use a pick to spread it out smoothly—you don’t want a lumpy jersey or arthritic finger!
Place front and back together, trim edges for an exact match, then use vinyl adhesive numbers and puff paint to decorate. Stick foam toppers into whatever appetizers you’ve got going and root your team on to victory!
This post contains affiliate links to our sponsors.
DIY game day toppers instructions
- Download Everyday Dishes & DIY foam finger DIY game day toppers template OR the Everyday Dishes & DIY jersey DIY game day toppers template and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print and cut out using scissors (note that there is a front and back for each pick, so there are 4 jerseys per template and 6 foam fingers per template).
- Place cutouts on foam sheets and cut out shape using scissors or X-acto knife.
- Glue wood craft picks to cutouts using hot glue.
- Apply hot glue to one side of cutout.
- Place 2 sides together.
- Trim edges of sandwiched foam so that it looks like one piece.
- Use adhesive numbers and puff paint to decorate.
- Stick into burgers, hot wings or whatever you are serving for the big game and cheer your fave football team on to victory!