Superheroes are ‘in’ these days so why not give your little hero a DIY superhero cape that’s easy to make? Cut panels from a t-shirt then transfer printable emblems suitable for both boys and girls. An array of characters will become alive in an instant!
Non-sewers rejoice! There’s absolutely no sewing involved! Just sharpen your scissors and you’ll be a pro in no time! We even have a DIY superhero masks to coordinate with the cape.
You don’t even have to buy a new t-shirt! You can easily use an old one but make sure to iron out the wrinkles first. A medium-sized youth shirt fits toddlers well but adjust the size for your child accordingly.
DIY superhero cape instructions
- First, iron t-shirt to remove any wrinkles. Using a ruler and rotary cutter, cut a panel from the neckline to the waistline—you’ll want to use a mat to protect your surface. If you don’t have a rotary cutter, use a ruler and tailor’s chalk to create a guideline that can be cut with scissors.
- Next, cut the neckline in the front of the t-shirt.
- Download the Everyday Dishes & DIY superhero cape printable and open in Adobe Reader. Print on t-shirt transfer paper, following package instructions.
- Place the cape on your child to measure his/her neck size. Trim the length of the neckline if necessary. There should only be a 1" overlap—you want the cape to fit snug but not too tight.
- Adhere Velcro tabs on both ends of the neckline then let your kid take flight!