Football season has finally arrived and that means tailgating! You’ve honed your skills into a true art form cooking great food, wearing team colors, and accessorizing your wheels. Why not go all out to impress the parking lot crowd down to the last detail?
Our DIY tailgating utensil holders are a fantastic way to distribute silverware while showing off your team spirit! Our simple directions and Everyday Dishes & DIY free tailgating printables make enough utensil holders for 16 avid fans.
Just use scissors to trim brown paper sacks with a decorative edge, choosing a bag size that allows utensils to peek out of the top. Print our free printables on colored paper or card stock to create footballs, football fields, and blank helmets and cut them out.
Decorate helmets with team stickers or initials, then hot glue images onto bags. Use rival team colors to mix and match napkins and utensils. All you need is the roar of approval and a win to make your tailgate the best ever!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
How to make tailgating utensil holders
tailgating utensil holders instructions
- Measure 2½" from top of sack, mark with pencil.
- Trim off top of sack using scallop scissor, bag should measure 4¼".
- Download the tailgating utensil holders printables and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print out the Ohio helmets, Michigan helmets, blank helmets, footballs or football fields on colored card stock. Cut out images.
- Lay bags flat on hard surface.
- Hot glue cut-out images to front of bag, layer images as we did to add dimension.
- Open and stand bags up and insert napkin, silverware, straws, and other team-spirited goodies!