Make an inexpensive wire photo holder using our printable, scrap wood, a drill and floral wire. This easy photo display will make a great gift for Mother’s Day or any occasion.
We wanted to give this message of ‘LOVE’ a weathered look, so we gently sanded the edges to blend the message together with the wood stand. If you choose to go for a more contemporary look, use high gloss paint in a color that accents your décor.
Not only is this craft a money-saver, it’s one that can be moved from room to room! No chance of getting bored with that same arrangement of photos on a wall—you can change the photos in a snap!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Wire photo holder instructions
DIY Wire Photo Holder
- wire photo holder 'LOVE' printable
- wood board, cut 7" x 1 ½" x 2 ½"
- drill and 1/16" drill bit
- white paint
- foam brush
- decoupage glue
- coarse sandpaper
- wood stain, medium to light in color
- paper towels
- 20-gauge floral wire
- thick marker or glue stick
- Download the wire photo holder 'LOVE' printable and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print, cut out where indicated and set aside.
- Stand the board upright. Use the small bit to drill as many holes along the top as desired.
- Paint wood white with a paintbrush, then allow it to dry.
- Using a foam brush, apply a coat of decoupage glue onto the back of the cutout then paste it on the front of the board. Allow it to dry then apply a coat on top of the cutout and allow it to dry.
- Gently sand BOTH the edges of the board and the cutout to blend together.
- Use a paper towel to apply wood stain onto the board. Wipe off excess with a clean towel then allow it to dry.
- Cut floral wire a minimum of 6" long in various lengths. Wrap the top of each wire twice around a thick marker or glue stick. Trim any excess wire then place firmly into the holes drilled into the board. Attach one photo to each wire holder and display.