Be the number one fan when it comes to team spirit! Just embellish shoes with your favorite team colors and logo then add a little glitter for that extra glam. Head to the game and take pride in a truly unique way to support your team.
This DIY can be quite pricey, especially if you’re planning to buy new shoes (we used Converse). Using old Converse, Keds or any other canvas shoes can make it a lot more budget-friendly. Besides, they’ll look like new!
You’ll need a little bit of patience and a steady hand to glue a rhinestone trim along each shoe, but that’s the price you pay for being such an avid fan! Don’t be surprised if you’re asked where you found these sparkling gems!
- Converse tennis shoes
- Tacky Glue
- Waterslide decal paper
- glitter (team colors)
- three dimensional glue
- rhinestones (team colors)
- Gorilla Glue
- tweezers or needle nose pliers
- Start by searching online for your team logo. When you find the desired image, save it to your desktop and import two logos into a Word document. Size them to 1.5" then print on Waterslide decal paper and cut out.
- Place cutouts in a cup of water for about a minute. Once they separate from the backing, place them on the toe of each shoe.
- Next, frame the toe of your Converse with tape so that you keep the rest of the area free of glue.
- Apply Tacky Glue to the toe of your shoe but not on the team logo (frame the logo with glue as close as you can, using as much glue as possible). Pour glitter over the entire glued area, tapping excess onto a piece of paper for reuse. Allow it to dry then patch up any bare spots with a little more glue and glitter.
- When completely dry, clean up any glitter that may have covered the team logo using a Q-tip. Cover the entire taped area with three dimensional glue—it’ll drip a little so just wipe the excess with a paper towel. Allow it to dry for a few hours then give it a second coat for a more polished look.
- Once the glue has completely dried, carefully remove the tape. Starting at the tip of the shoe, add one rhinestone at a time using tweezers or needle nose pliers. Apply a dot of Gorilla Glue and work your way all the way around the shoe.
- Allow your shoes to dry for a couple of hours then head out to the game to cheer for your team!