These are not your typical snow globes! Our DIY mini snow globes are unique, inexpensive and make great gifts for family.
Select photos from your own collection, size them for jars you already have or spring for cute ones like we did. Make sure there are no letters imprinted on the jar or you won’t see the photo clearly.
This craft is easy but it can get messy! Glitter manages to get everywhere but it’s totally worth it! Just be sure to use extra large sheets of paper to cover your work surface or keep a dust-buster nearby!
How to make mini snow globes
mini snow globes instructions
- Choose a photo and scale it to fit the size of your jar—our photo was about 1.5" x 2.5".
- Print and cut out on card stock, leaving 1" at the bottom of the photo.
- Cover the front and back of the cutout with self-seal laminate sheets then trim excess, leaving a small border around the photo.
- Bend the bottom border of the cutout and glue it to the lid of the jar—the photo should now stand upright on its own.
- Fill the jar with distilled water, five drops of glycerin and glitter.
- Apply hot glue to the rim of the lid and quickly screw the lid onto the jar.
- Add a bow for a special holiday touch.