It’s easy to forget how simple it is to make and take breakfast to go! With fresh berries, Greek yogurt and agave syrup, this healthy berry smoothie comes together quickly—and it’s tasty too!
There’s nothing to it—just toss all the ingredients into the blender then pulse until you reach a desired consistency. If the smoothie seems a little too thin, just add more yogurt.
We used berries in this recipe because we love the sweet and tart taste from the blueberries, and banana adds great texture and flavor to any fruit smoothie. But don’t limit yourself! You can mix and match plenty of great-tasting flavors, especially when your favorite fruits are in season!
berry smoothie recipe
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp honey, or agave syrup
- 2 cups ice, cubes
- Combine all ingredients in blender then pulse until the ingredients are coarsely chopped. Increase the speed of the blender to high and purée until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the pitcher whenever necessary. (If the smoothie is a little too thick to puree nicely, just add a bit of water or milk to thin it out a bit and it will whiz right up.
- Pour thick fruit smoothie into glasses and serve immediately.
I prefer using Greek yogurt in this smoothie recipe because of the yogurt’s sturdy texture. Your smoothie will be nice and thick!