It’s unique, refreshing and guaranteed to cool you off this summer! This black rum limeade slush recipe will inspire a happy hour that’s…well, stupendously happy!
It only takes about five minutes to combine the ingredients—then tuck the mixture away in the freezer overnight and poof! You’ve got frozen cocktails ready to go when your friends congregate at the watering hole.
When it’s time to serve drinks, simply scoop the frozen mixture into a glass then pour a splash of lemon-lime soda over the top. The splash of soda will make this a straw-friendly cocktail. If you prefer—you can nix the lemon-lime soda and just enjoy your cocktail with a spoon. Anything goes!
black rum limeade slush recipe
- fresh mint, muddled
- 12 oz limeade concentrate
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- juice of 2 limes, fresh-squeezed
- 1 splash lemon lime soda, if desired
- 1 lime, extra lime for garnish
- sprigs mint, for garnish
- Combine muddled mint, concentrate, water, sugar, rum and fresh lime juice in a large freezer-safe container, stirring until the ingredients are completely incorporated. Place in freezer overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve, scoop ingredients into a cold glass, then add a splash of lemon-lime soda, stirring gently.
- Garnish with fresh mint and a wedge of fresh lime.
Black rum is more rich in flavor than spiced or light rum—but don’t hesitate to use other varieties of rum, if that’s what you have on hand!