Our dirty Coke float cocktail is a blend of your favorite soda shop treat and a sunny afternoon at the beach! The combination of coconut rum, fizzy cola, bright-tasting lime and a splash of half-and-half is like nothing we’ve ever tasted before.
We used diet cola when experimenting in the test kitchen and found that alongside the rum and fresh lime, there was plenty of sweet without being overwhelming. The alcohol taste is mild, and the flavor you experience is a happy, unexpected creamy fizz of coconut and lime!
If you’re looking for a non-alcoholic version of this recipe for you or the kids, simply swap the rum for coconut-flavored syrup!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Dirty Coke Float Cocktail Recipe
- 4 oz coconut rum
- 1 oz lime juice, about half a lime
- 12 oz regular Coke, or Diet Coke
- 2 Tbsp half-and-half, to taste
- coconut ice cream
- 2 limes, for garnish, if desired
- Pour ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with crushed ice. Shake or stir to combine ingredients completely.
- Divide the slushy between two glasses. Garnish with a fresh wedge of lime, if desired, then serve immediately.
We found coconut ice cream at our local grocery store but regular vanilla ice works just fine!