If you’re in a rush each morning, try our DIY frozen fruit smoothie packs for a convenient, healthy and delicious breakfast option. Your morning breakfast routine will be instantly revamped with yummy ingredients like fresh berries and Greek yogurt, and our simple instructions for advanced preparation couldn’t be easier.
Our DIY frozen fruit smoothie packs take no time to assemble and are an inexpensive alternative to the prepackaged store bought smoothies. All you need is an ice cube tray, yogurt, fresh fruit, and Ziploc bags. When you’re ready for a smoothie, simply grab a pack out of the freezer, empty it into your blender, add ice and milk and blend for a wholesome morning breakfast to go.
Make some extra yogurt cubes with berries for a quick and healthy snack for you or the kids!
DIY frozen fruit smoothie packs recipe
- yogurt cubes
- 1 cup berries, fresh
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, plain, or your favorite flavor
- 2 ice cube trays
- smoothie packs
- 8 cups fresh fruit, (pineapple, strawberries, bananas, blueberries, etc.)
- yogurt cubes
- 8 resealable bags
- 1 smoothie pack
- 1/2 cup ice, crushed
- 1 cup milk
- Place 2-3 berries in bottom of each compartment of ice cube trays. (Make extra frozen yogurt cubes to keep on hand for a quick snack!)
- Fill trays with yogurt.
- Place 2 more berries on top of each cube and freeze.
- Release yogurt cubes from ice cube tray once frozen.
- Place 3 yogurt cubes in each resealable bags.
- Wash and cut fresh fruit into small chunks.
- Add 1 cup of fruit to resealable bags with yogurt cubes.
- Seal bag and lay flat. Place in freezer until needed.
- Remove 1 smoothie pack from freezer.
- Empty smoothie pack ingredients into blender.
- Add ice and milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass and enjoy!
Stock up on your favorite summer smoothie fruits. Just slice and store in the freezer!