Try a watermelon spritzer as a frisky alternative to white wine and soda with this fruity watermelon cocktail recipe.
Perfect for hot sunny afternoons while visiting with friends, this drink complements your company and anything fresh off the grill!
Fruity Watermelon Cocktail Recipe
- 1/4 cup watermelon, plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 4 1/2 oz vodka, 3 shots
- 1 1/2 oz simple syrup, 1 shot, optional
- splash grenadine
- club soda
- cookie cutter, star-shaped, optional
- Muddle fresh watermelon in cocktail shaker then fill shaker with ice.
- Add vodka, simple syrup and grenadine and shake vigorously.
- Fill glasses with ice and strain contents from shaker into glasses. Top with club soda.
- Cut watermelon stars with cookie cutter for garnish.
Want a splash of color when serving the drinks? Add a fresh sprig of mint on the serving tray or glass.