We love a good smoothie recipe, and learning that whole grain oats help release appetite-control hormones was a great reason to make an oat smoothie recipe!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Smoothies are easy to make and help keep hunger at bay until it’s time for lunch. We used the banana to make the smoothie thick and creamy, the oats to keep us full, the peach for yummy flavor and honey or agave to satisfy our sweet tooth—it’s a win all around!
Don’t worry about peaches being in season, you can easily find them in the frozen food section at your local supermarket. Since we don’t include ice in this recipe, the frozen peaches will also keep this beverage extra cold for you to enjoy.
peach and oat smoothie recipe
- 1/2 cup unflavored almond milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp honey, or raw agave
- 1 banana
- 2 cups peaches, frozen
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- Combine almond milk, yogurt and honey in blender. Add fruit, oats, lime juice and mint leaves then pulse until blended.
- Pour into glass then garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you’re not in love with peaches, simply swap them out for any fruity favorite!