You don’t have to detour to the local coffee shop for a cold-weather pick-me-up. This pumpkin spice white hot chocolate recipe is easily made right at home!
You can whip up this recipe as a kid-friendly hot beverage or transform this fall-flavored drink into an adult-friendly tailgate toddy by adding coffee-flavored liqueur.
Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- whipped cream, dairy or dairy-free
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Heat milk and cream to scalding, but not boiling, over medium heat. When milk becomes steamy and hot, reduce heat to low then whisk in the white chocolate chips and pumpkin purée. Once chocolate is completely incorporated, let mixture remain on heat until it is the desired serving temperature.
- Remove from heat then whisk in pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt. Pour hot chocolate into 2 mugs then top with marshmallows or whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Add a shot of coffee liqueur to turn this hot drink into an adult-only treat!