Gin becomes the perfect summer patio cocktail with our sparkling lemon gin cocktail recipe. We used lots of fresh lemon juice and muddled thyme to really give this drink a bright, citrusy flavor.
Thyme really packs a punch, so you’ll only need a sprig or two muddled in the mixture—save the rest for garnish. We also love our fresh lemon, so we used the juice from half a large lemon in one drink. Feel free, however, to use as much or as little lemon juice your palette can take.
Garnish your cocktail with a wedge of lemon and a sprig of thyme, especially if you’re serving guests for that extra ‘wow’ factor. Once you try it, you might opt for a pitcher next time!
Sparkling Lemon Gin Cocktail Recipe
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, muddled plus extra for garnish
- 2 oz gin
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp simple syrup
- sparkling water, to taste
- wedges lemon, for garnish
- Combine muddled thyme, gin, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice then rattle vigorously.
- Pour contents in a fresh glass with ice. Add sparkling water to taste then garnish with a wedge of lemon and a sprig of thyme.
If you don’t care for thyme, try substituting another favorite herb like basil or mint instead!