Design a personalized BBQ bucket for dad and fill it with tools, condiments, a bottle opener and an apron—basically, all his favorite things to rule the open flame. We’ve even designed a printable template, adding a signature touch to his special gift.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
DIY bbq bucket gift for dad
- Download the Everyday Dishes & DIY BBQ Bucket Printable OPTION 1 or OPTION 2 and open in Adobe Reader.
- Measure fabric to fit height and circumference of pail (get a little extra just to have a little wiggle room when adhering to the pail).
- Paint on decoupage glue, using a foam brush, in small sections starting at seam of pail and lay fabric down working your way around.
- Smooth out bubbles along the way (if using plaid fabric, cut width in half and lay down fabric in 2 pieces).
- Turn fabric under at edge to finish. Trim excess fabric along top and bottom with scissors.
- Print and cut out BBQ labels. Adhere labels to bucket using decoupage glue.
- Go back over fabric and labels with layer of glue and let dry. Repeat 2 more times.
- Sand lightly for smooth finished look when layers are dry.
- Apply rope or twine along top and bottom edge of fabric with glue gun to create a finished edge.
- Hang “S” hooks around bucket edge for bottle opener, BBQ towel and other handy tools Dad might need when grilling.