This recipe for Cheerios sheep snacks is simple, fun, a little sticky, and great to make with your kids! Learn how to make them for your next party or just for fun!
While these adorable treats are a little time-consuming but they are anything but baaaaa-d. The finished product is well worth your efforts. It will take some patience but watch them fly off the platter when you’re done. Yum!
Cheerios Sheep Snacks Recipe
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 2/3 cups mini marshmallows, plus a few additional for assembly
- 4 cups multi-grain cheerios, or chocolate Cheerios, depending on desired sheep’s color
- 10 - 12 chocolate covered almonds, white and dark
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk
- 20 - 24 in pretzel sticks
- Place a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium low heat and melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir just until melted.
- Remove from heat and add 2 cups of Cheerios and mix until the cereal is evenly coated in marshmallow.
- Spoon out 1 heaping tablespoon of cereal mixture mold into an egg like shape using lightly greased hands. While the mixture is able to be shaped, make an indentation where the head and legs will be placed on the body. (Use an extra almond and pretzel to make the exact size indentation that will be needed, noting that about half of the almond and half the length of the pretzel will need to be embedded into the body for them to remain in place after they have been adhered with the melted chocolate.)
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave to use as glue. (This should only take a few seconds.)
- Apply small amount of melted chocolate to the ends of the almonds and pretzels and press them into the indentations that were made in the body. Allow the chocolate to set.
- For the ears, cut mini marshmallows into small pieces and use melted chocolate to glue them on top of head.
- For the eyes, dip a toothpick into melted chocolate and add two dots to face.
What's wrong with being the black sheep anyway? Live your moment!