We love a great deal—who doesn’t? Our free printable gingerbread house ornament is a two-for-one! It’s not only a unique ornament for your tree—it’s also a great gift cardholder for those last minute gifts.
For an added bonus, we’ve included a gift tag to attach as well as a blank version of the gingerbread house. Print one for each of the kids to color and proudly display them on the tree—they make great keepsakes.
There’s no doubt that some folks have a problem giving cash or gift cards. They think it’s impersonal or worse, feel guilty that they didn’t take the time to shop for an actual gift item. Truth be told, in today’s busy world people (especially teens) are much more understanding and take no offense. After all, when was the last time you saw anyone turn down a gift card?
The fact that you took the time to print, cut and put this cutie together says that you care and that alone makes it personal. Knowing the recipients can choose exactly what they want takes the guesswork out of shopping for you and the long exchange lines for them and that means a merry Christmas for everyone!
printable gingerbread house ornament instructions
- Everyday Dishes & DIY Gingerbread House Ornament Printable OR
- Everyday Dishes & DIY Blank Gingerbread House Ornament Printable
- white card stock
- markers or crayons (optional)
- X-acto knife
- hot glue and glue gun
- double stick tape
- hole punch
- ribbon or elastic string
- Download the Everyday Dishes & DIY Gingerbread House Ornament Printable and/or Everyday Dishes & DIY Blank Gingerbread House Ornament Printable and open in Adobe Reader.
- If you downloaded and printed the blank version, now is the time to grab your crayons and markers and let your kids go to work!
- Cut, score and glue together where indicated, using hot glue. Leaving one side open for your gift card.
- Fill your gingerbread house with crinkle, place your gift card inside then use double stick tape to close and punch a hole at the top.
- Cut out the gift tag and fill out the name. Pull a ribbon through the hole of the gingerbread house and candy gift tag and tie at the top.
- Hang on your tree as an ornament until it’s time to open!