This corn and black bean salsa is not only delicious, it’s packed full of vegetables and healthy fats. Serve it up with tortilla chips for a delicious appetizer that is sure to please all your guests.
Bonus! The prep work for this recipe is done the night before, so if you’re planning a party, you can just pull this out of the fridge when your guests arrive and add in the avocado and tomatoes. As one of our favorite chefs, Ina Garten, would say, “How easy is that?”
Corn and Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- 1 16 oz package Trader Joe's Roasted Corn
- 2 14 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped (take seeds out and white vein)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado
- Defrost corn and drain.
- Combine corn, beans, onion, and jalapeño in a large bowl.
- Add lime juice and olive oil and spices.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Right before serving, add tomatoes and avocado.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
This recipe is meant to serve a large group for entertaining. You could cut the recipe in half for a smaller occasion.
Recipe by Monica Ford. | Photography by Viker Media.