This is not your 1960’s granola. This one was created to taste good!
Kids and adults alike will appreciate the crunchy texture and subtle sweetness of this granola. Be sure to double the recipe if you’re making it for a big group!
Best Ever House-Made Granola Recipe
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine and mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a microwave-proof bowl and combine with honey and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix well until all ingredients are coated with honey-butter mixture.
- Spread onto parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 20-30 minutes depending on oven. TIP: You will need to stir the granola every 10 minutes to ensure even toasting.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
This granola is delicious on it's own, but even better when served on top of your favorite dishes like a fruit and yogurt parfait or pancakes!