Make a toast to good taste with this caramel Irish cream mousse recipe.
Caramel Irish Cream Mousse Recipe
what you'll need
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa, sifted
- 2 Tbsp caramel coffee liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- whipped cream, dairy or dairy-free
let's do it
- In a medium bowl beat egg yolks and sugar until blended thoroughly. Beat in cocoa and liqueur. If you are concerned about foodborne illness caused by consuming raw eggs, we suggest putting the mixture in a double boiler and heating for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a different bowl, whip cream and vanilla until it holds stiff peaks. Stir in approximately ½ cup of the whipped cream to lighten the cocoa. Fold in remaining mixture gently.
- Divide into 4-6 servings and chill 1 hour. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Have dessert and drink it too!