Everyone loves chocolate-covered strawberries, and while this recipe is pretty traditional, we thought we’d share our special techniques for getting a nice, smooth dip and tricks to minimize the mess.
This recipe can be made for the ‘someone special’ in your life, or simply as a festive dessert for a social gathering. It’s especially fun when the strawberries are bright, fresh and fat. Strawberries are the most cultivated berry in the country, so you can find good ones all year round.
You only need two ingredients: the berries and melting chocolates, which make for a short grocery list. The parchment or wax paper is essential, so make sure you have some handy before you start. The rest is, as they say, a piece of cake!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Recipe
- 12 oz Ghirardelli chocolate dark melting wafers
- 12 strawberries
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Over a double-broiler, melt the chocolate.
- Dip each berry in the chocolate and set on baking sheet.
- Scrape any unused chocolate into a storage bag and save it for next time!
Eat these strawberries as is or decorate them with white or colored chocolate. You can even turn them into footballs!