A simple change of one ingredient in this chunky guacamole recipe makes for an interesting twist your guests love.
We always search for an easy solution to serve ours so everyone can eat comfortably and have a good time. Using the shells of our avocados to serve this chunky guacamole recipe is a fantastic solution. It’s already available, looks nice and everyone can have their own personal bowl. Not to mention no dish to wash when they’re done!
Chunky Guacamole Recipe
- 4 avocados
- 1/2 small red onion, grated (using a microplane)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp cilantro, dried
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- juice of 1 lime
- salt, to taste
- Remove avocados from shells; save shells.
- Mash 3 avocados in bowl with back of fork.
- Dice remaining avocado and add to other avocado mixture.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Serve in avocado skins.
Don't worry if you don't have a microplane to grate the onion. Scratching the inside of the onion with a fork and a quick chop will create the same results.