Cranberries are a wonderfully fresh fall and winter ingredient, but sometimes it’s challenging to work them into anything other than salad for your Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.
This cranberry salsa recipe is not only a great holiday appetizer, but truly evergreen. The tart flavor of fresh cranberries and a zing of jalapeño can be enjoyed year-round.
Cranberry Salsa Recipe
- 10 oz bag cranberries, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 - 2 jalapeños, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Place cranberries into a food processor then pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer cranberries to a medium-sized mixing bowl then add granulated sugar, diced onion, minced jalapeño, chopped cilantro and lime juice. Stir until completely combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve with salty tortilla chips, crackers or crostini spread with a bit of cream cheese. Enjoy!
Serve this salsa over a block of softened cream cheese with a side of crackers.