Meet Lisa, the Creole Contessa! She decided to create the Creole Contessa blog after cooking and eating an especially wonderful meal with her family and wanted the world to experience the food goodness that she was eating and cooking daily.
Her grandmother, mother, and aunts all inspired her food journey. As she says, “Food is truly love in my family. We not only enjoy great food – food is part of our heritage.”
Her goal for the Creole Contessa is to take her family traditions and love of cultural foods and put a Creole spin on it! Follow along as she “Creolizes” any dish.
I can’t wait for y’all to make this recipe! These Herb Butter Pork Loin Chops are so simple to make. The gravy people! OMG this gravy is so good.
I am using this wonderful garlic herb butter that really does make the sauce. You could make your own butter by mixing fresh herbs like parsley with minced garlic. Add that to room temperature softened butter and mix well. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until ready to use.
Herb Butter Pork Loin Chops by Creole Contessa
- 3 lbs pork loin chops, boneless, 2 inch thickness
- 8 ounces garlic herb butter
- 2 cups red onion, sliced
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- extra virgin olive oil
- Italian parsley, for garnish
- Mix seasoning blend and set aside.
- Rinse pork and pat dry. Place into a large bowl. Coat with olive oil and half of the spice blend.
- Heat a large skillet with about 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add pork chops in batches and brown for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Add more oil if needed. Remove pork from pan, place on a plate, and repeat until all the chops have been browned.
- To the empty pan add four ounces of butter and two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add red onions, one tablespoon of seasoning blend and saute for about five minutes. Add garlic and cook one minute more.
- Add broth, remaining spices, and pork chops to the pan.
- Cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat. Add heavy cream and simmer ten minutes more
- Toss in remaining butter, stir until melted, and serve.
- Pork should reach a temperature of 145 F.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Thank you to Lisa, the Creole Contessa, for sharing this amazing recipe with us! Be sure to follow her online @creolecontessa!