When you think of chickpeas you may think hummus, but they can do so much more. This easy chickpea salad recipe with arugula and tomato is a wholesome bite with extra protein.
We recommend preparing the vinaigrette in advance, giving the herbs, lemon, and garlic time to marinate and become more flavorful.
When selecting arugula, mature leaves provide a more peppery taste while baby arugula is milder and slightly nutty. Regardless, both taste wonderful and would be delightful in this salad.
Easy chickpea salad recipe
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1 container grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 oz bag baby arugula
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
- pita bread, optional
- Whisk rosemary, oregano, lemon, garlic and olive oil together.
- Toss dressing with salad ingredients and serve with side of pita bread.
Kick up the flavors by serving your salad with pita bread that has been brushed with olive oil, lightly dusted with garlic powder and grilled.