Time for you to have the upper hand in bragging rights amongst your tribe? Bust out the recipe for our luscious glazed chocolate pound cake then get in the kitchen. The moist, deep chocolate flavor will give ‘em all something to talk about!
The presentation is just as important as how good it tastes, so we prepared the chocolate glaze with lots of semisweet chocolate and heavy cream. This duo will ensure your glaze is gooey and distinguished.
Make this yummy dessert any time you’re hosting company, for special occasions, holidays, potlucks, bake sales, or any time you’re itching to consume something satisfying and sweet! Serve with ice-cold milk or a hot Mexican coffee cocktail.
Glazed Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
- pound cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp corn syrup, or honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees then line the bottom of an 8" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper. Coat generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt, and mix until evenly combined.
- Add softened butter, oil, and milk then beat on medium speed until smooth. Add vanilla and beaten eggs then mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan then bake for 75–80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before removing. Return cake to the rack until completely cool.
- When cake has cooled, place chocolate chips and cream into a microwave-safe bowl then microwave for 20–30 seconds, just until warm. Remove from microwave, allowing mixture to sit for about 1 minute so the chocolate can continue to melt.
- Add corn syrup or honey then stir until smooth and glossy. If chocolate is not completely melted, heat in 10-second intervals in the microwave until completely melted. Pour glaze over pound cake loaf and spread evenly. Allow glaze to set then slice and serve.
We love a dense and buttery pound cake but thought a chocolate version would be even better!