Looking to serve some extra fun party snacks or nibbles at a slumber party? Try our easy homemade pizza muffins using all of your favorite toppings. You don’t need many ingredients, and the muffins only take 20 minutes to prepare!
We used gooey mozzarella, sausage and pepperoni, but you can create any topping combination so long as the total amount equals 1 cup. Because each ‘muffin’ can be custom-made, you can also satisfy several palates at once.
The key to authentic flavor is oregano, so make sure you include some on the table along with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Should you have leftovers (which we doubt), place them in a resealable plastic bag and store them in the fridge. To reheat, just nuke ‘em in the microwave for a minute or two!
Homemade Pizza Muffins Recipe
- 13.8 oz tube pizza crust, refrigerated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup mini pepperonis
- 1/2 cup sausage, cooked, crumbles
- 1 cup pizza sauce, or marinara sauce
- dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a mini muffin tin generously with cooking spray. Remove pizza crust from tube and unroll it. When unrolled, the dough will be in a smallish rectangle. Cut in half and roll the first half out on a lightly floured surface to approx. 10" x 14". The dough will be very thin. Using a 3 1/4" cutter, cut 12 circles out of the dough. Place a circle in the muffin tin creating a fluted edge that sticks up a bit above the top of the cup. Repeat with the remaining 11 circles then repeat the entire process with the remaining dough. You will now have dough in all 24 cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together the shredded mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage and pizza sauce until well combined. Spoon about a heaping tsp of filling into the center of each pizza crust, dividing the entire amount evenly among the cups.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Fontina, Gruyere, gouda or simple Italian blend cheeses are also great, gooey options if you want to mix it up from the typical mozzarella!