This healthy kale and cabbage confetti salad is easy to make and tastes fantastic! A few quick pulses of the food processor yields the perfect ‘confetti’. Top it with fresh dressing and salty Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
We usually opt for chopped salads because we love how easy they are to eat compared to chunky salads. Sometimes when the chunks are too big in a salad, we end up with dressing all over our faces. No dice!
Vitamin-packed kale leaves are nice and sturdy. The durability makes this salad an amazing choice when you need to make it ahead to serve dinner guests or bring to a potluck. You can prepare this recipe a full two days ahead of time and still get the wonderful, healthy crunch you’d expect. Enjoy!
Kale and Cabbage Confetti Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch kale, deveined, about 6–8 stocks
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 medium red cabbage, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, highest-quality, shredded
- Place deveined kale in a colander and run under cool water. While the water is running, knead or wring the kale leaves in your hands to effectively break down the tough fibers of the leaf. The pale, dusty look of the kale will change to a glossy dark green color. Place the kale in a clean kitchen towel and wring out as much water as possible.
- To make the dressing, whisk lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until it comes together and forms an emulsion.
- Place finely chopped cabbage into the bowl of a food processor and pulse 4–5 times to coarsely chop. Pour the cabbage into the bowl containing the dressing. Chop the kale in the food processor again using only 4–5 pulses and add it to the cabbage.
- Combine the kale and cabbage with the dressing. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and taste for seasoning.