Your friends and family won’t believe their eyes when you pop out of the kitchen packing a platter full of these delicious bite-sized lasagna cups.
It takes a little more work preparing each little cup but they are perfect for parties and your guests will be begging for the recipe once they get a taste.
You can make them a little larger by using a regular-sized cupcake pan but you’ll need to double the filling to get 24 servings. Enjoy!
Lasagna Cups Recipe
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz can small diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 24 in wonton wrappers, cut in half
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In medium sauté pan brown ground beef leaving slightly pink. Drain oil and return to heat.
- Add onions, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté until meat is cooked through. Add diced tomatoes, parsley, oregano, basil and salt and pepper to taste; simmer (10 minutes).
- Take 2 wonton wrappers and press into mini cupcake pan, overlaying them like an "x" to create a cup with edges. Repeat 24 times.
- Spoon approximately 2 tsp cottage cheese into bottom of wonton wrappers. Top with meat filling until cup is almost full then sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Let cool before removing from cupcake tin and serving. Sprinkle with more oregano if desired.
This recipe is easily doubled if you're feeding a larger crowd.