When it seems more like a hassle than fun to make treats, simply whip up a batch of cake-mix cookies! These bars will cut down on ingredients and time but not on that great made-from-scratch taste.
Cake mixes are pretty inexpensive and can often be found on sale for less than a dollar. We ‘doctored’ up our favorite brand of devil’s food with white chocolate chips but if you don’t want to overload on chocolate, use a yellow cake mix and semisweet chocolate chips instead.
Actually, you can use any flavor mix you like. Just tap your imagination to turn our recipe into one of your own. No matter what scrumptious concoction you come up with, it’ll be quick and easy for you to make.
Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl then spread evenly into the baking dish.
- Bake 17–19 minutes, remove from oven and cool completely. Cut into bars and serve.
Be sure to allow the cookies to cool completely before cutting—your knife should come out clean.