These lemon blueberry scones are way better than the ones you get from your local bakery. The instructions are easy to follow and you’ll have warm, sweet and tangy scones on the table in a little over an hour.
Baking has honestly never been easier. You just have to mix your ingredients to the right consistency then manage the dough with your trusty pastry cutter (which is actually REALLY fun!). Pop your scones in the oven until they’re golden brown then drizzle them with warm lemon glaze.
Lemon Blueberry Scones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream, plus extra for brushing
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
- 2 Tbsp sugar in the raw
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut in butter until mixture is crumbly and butter is pea-sized. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, egg and cream until evenly combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries then form dough into a ball and roll or pat to ½" thickness. The dough will be about 9"–10" in diameter.
- Cut the dough like a pizza into eight equal pieces and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops of scones with additional heavy cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 10–12 minutes then remove from oven and allow to cool slightly on a rack. Meanwhile, stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice until glaze forms. Drizzle over scones after they have cooled slightly then serve while still warm.
Swap out the blueberries for your choice berry. We think these would be fantastic with strawberries, blackberries and especially raspberries!