Our low carb chicken sausage meatballs are so freakin’ delicious that it might be better to serve them as an entrée. Otherwise, people will stand over the appetizer tray shoving them in as quickly as they can (like we did), which isn’t exactly ladylike.
We used sweet Italian-style chicken sausage (swoon) in this recipe for an irresistible and full, authentic flavor. If you want to turn up the heat, use hot Italian chicken sausage instead.
Keep this ace in the pocket for potluck events and holidays, but also remember this is a fabulous dish for the everyday served over noodles or rice.
Low Carb Chicken Sausage Meatballs Recipe
- 1 lb raw chicken sausage, bulk or casings removed
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- green onions, for garnish
- Place rack in center of oven then preheat to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with non-stick spray then set aside. Place chicken sausage into a large bowl, add onion, pepper jack and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle over salt pepper and cayenne. Mix together then set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk 2 eggs. Mix into sausage and cheese then add almond flour. Stir only until no dry flour is visible. Over-mixing will make the meatballs heavy.
- Using a 1 oz scoop, form 30 meatballs placing them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes until cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with chopped green onion.
Buy your pepper jack cheese in a thick slab from the deli section of your supermarket for the gooiest selection!