Even if you’re bound stateside this summer, you can travel to the pristine waters of the Mediterranean as you enjoy our fresh, hearty microgreens salad with roasted chickpeas and homemade lime dressing. Eat it alone or alongside a Greek-marinated grilled chicken breast. Either way is a winner.
We’re in love with microgreens. They’re said to be packed with cancer-fighting beta-carotene and immunity-boosting vitamin C and they’re easy to find in the produce section of your local supermarket or favorite health food store.
The fresh lime dressing combined with savory roasted chickpeas will satisfy your hunger and it’s low calorie. Opa!
Microgreens Salad with Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 1 pkg microgreens
- 6 radishes, halved or sliced
- lime dressing
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan shavings, for garnish
- roasted chickpeas, for garnish
- Trim the romaine back to the lighter colored leaves (or use romaine heart). Chop finely.
- Place the romaine, microgreens and radishes into a serving bowl and reserve in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Whisk together the lime dressing ingredients, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- At the last moment before serving, toss the salad lightly with lime dressing, sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese and roasted chickpeas. Enjoy!
Fresh out of limes? Don’t fret! Use lemons instead.