Looking for a treat that will tame your inner dessert beast? Try these soft pudding cookies—they’re called ‘monster’ cookies because of their size, of course, but they’re so chewy and delicious they will bring out the monster inside of you.
Our secret? Instant pudding! It gives these cookies that perfect chewy cookie satisfaction!
Adding chocolate-coated candies to each cookie just before baking brings in great texture and extra flavor, too.
Oh, and a word of advice: You definitely won’t want to skip step number three. Allowing the dough to chill for several hours is what gives the cookies their signature soft texture. The pudding needs plenty of time to be absorbed into the dough. Enjoy!
Halloween Monster Soft Pudding Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding
- 1/4 tsp salt
- colored frosting, (yellow, blue, green)
- assorted candies, marshmallows, coconut, etc...
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly, scraping down the sides of the bowl as often as is necessary.
- Sift flour, baking soda, vanilla pudding and salt into bowl on top of wet ingredients and mix just until combined and all of the flour is incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate dough at least 3 hours and up to a day to allow the pudding to absorb into the cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from fridge about 1 hour prior to baking to allow it to soften. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to place 12 cookies on each baking sheet. Flatten each cookie dough ball with your palm or the flat bottom of a drinking glass. Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly golden around the edges. Allow cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost cookies with colored icing and make faces with assorted candies, marshmallows, googly eyes, etc...
You can also make these cookies regular-sized if you like!