Just when you thought you couldn’t possibly eat green beans another way. We’ve devised a fabulous mustard green bean salad that can be served as a side dish or a salad and warm or cold—yippee!
This delicious recipe is ready in 20 minutes or less after you sauté the green beans and toss them in homemade mustard vinaigrette. When you pair it with some pan-seared beef you’ll have dinner on the table in less than 40 minutes!
This recipe calls for mustard powder, which you may or may not have in your pantry. But is a great spice-rack investment. We’ve got several great recipes that call for mustard powder—try our tuna casserole and oven-roasted beef brisket!
Mustard Green Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green beans and sauté 4–5 minutes until crisp-tender, stirring often.
- Whisk together the mustard and red wine vinegar in a small bowl. Continue whisking as you slowly pour in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the mustard dressing over the cooked green beans and toss to evenly coat.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Enjoy!
We tossed our green bean salad with sliced almonds but feel free to use your nut of choice!