We love egg salad, but some versions can be loaded with mayo so we’ve altered the classic style a bit with our own mayo-free egg salad recipe.
It’s much healthier this way but just as tasty. You won’t feel guilty about indulging in this one!
The secret is in the fresh herbs and veggies. Dill brings an earthy brightness to the egg salad while onion and celery give it a delicious crunch. It’s really the perfect texture!
It’s a totally versatile recipe, too. Use this egg salad recipe for yummy sandwiches, serve on a bed of lettuce, or just enjoy it all on its own.
No-Mayo Egg Salad Recipe
- 6 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp celery, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp dill, loosely packed, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Place the eggs into a large pot and add enough cold water to cover the eggs by at least 1". Place the pot over high heat and allow the water to come to a full rolling boil. Once the water boils, remove the pot from the heat, cover and set a timer for 12 minutes.
- Allow the eggs to sit undisturbed in the hot water until the timer goes off, then drain. Run the eggs under cold water or submerge them in ice water to stop the cooking process. Once the eggs are cool enough to handle, peel the eggs then cut in half to remove yolks. Add yolks to a large mixing bowl and set the egg whites aside.
- Mash yolks with a fork until they are fairly smooth then add Greek yogurt and Dijon mustard. Stir until smooth then add the red onion, celery and dill and stir gently to combine.
- Coarsely chop the egg whites and gently fold them into the dressing until well combined. Don’t worry if the mixture seems quite stiff; the veggies will release a small amount of moisture and the salad will loosen up a bit. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Add a teaspoon of paprika for a delicious savory flavor!