What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
There’s nothing better than a warm, rustic breakfast. Our skillet oatmeal and einkorn wheat berry breakfast recipe is loaded with protein, fiber and minerals—plus it tastes like a dream.
There is a teensy bit of prep work involved. You have to remember to soak the wheat berries overnight. Other than that, its pretty much wham, bam, breakfast is on the table. Just pop everything in a skillet with melted butter to toast the grains and voila!
While this recipe is pretty swell on its own, you can always add your favorite accouterments such as almond, coconut or moo milk. Dried fruits like raisins and cranberries and nuts are also a fine choice.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Skillet Oatmeal and Einkorn Wheat Berry Breakfast Recipe
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water, hot
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup thick-cut rolled oats
- 1 cup einkorn wheat berries, soaked overnight
- salt, to taste
- honey, to drizzle
- Bring the water to a boil
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir the oats and wheat berries into the butter and saute for 3-4 minutes until the grains are toasted.
- Pour only enough water over the grains to cover the bottom of the pan. Add a pinch of salt, reduce the heat to low, cover and let simmer for 4 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and stir until the water completely evaporates. Transfer to serving bowls, eat plain or with your favorite topping and drizzle with honey.
Never soaked wheat berries before? Watch our 40-second video to learn how!