Looking for an insanely delicious treat to satisfy that wicked peanut butter and chocolate craving? It may look like there is a lot of prep time involved in making these peanut butter cookie bites but most of it is spent waiting time.
These sugary delights are the perfect treat to bake in batches for gifts! Or make a batch for yourself to keep handy in the fridge for when you’re craving a small bite of something rich and decadent.
When it’s time to make the chocolate coating, don’t skimp on just any melting chocolate. This may cause temperamental dipping. The Ghirardelli chocolate is worth the extra dollar!
For a complementary tang to the sweetness of the cookies, add a sprinkle of sea salt on top while the chocolate is setting so it stays put.
Peanut Butter Cookie Bites Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups peanut butter cookies, crushed, approx. 1 pkg
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 12 oz bag Ghirardelli chocolate dark melting wafers
- kosher salt, for sprinkling
- Place cookies into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it is the consistency of graham cracker crumbs. Add cream cheese, vanilla, and salt then pulse until the mixture has formed a ball into one side of the bowl. Set in the freezer for 5–10 minutes or refrigerator for 15–20 minutes or until it firms up a bit.
- Roll into balls using a heaping tablespoon-sized chunk of the dough. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put back in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Place a bowl over a sauce pan filled ¼ of the way with water. Bring water to boil and reduce heat to medium. Pour the bag of melts into the bowl and slowly melt the chocolate. When the chocolate is melted remove the bites from the freezer.
- Roll the bites until they are a uniformed shape and drop one at a time into the melted chocolate. Using 2 toothpicks pick up the bites and shake off any excess chocolate. Return to parchment-papered tray. Quickly dust with coarse salt and repeat until all the bites are covered in chocolate. Now watch them fly off the plate.
While we swoon over peanut butter, you could swap out the peanut butter cookies for any of your favorite cookies. We think Thin Mints would be divine!