Kids (and moms) will love this no-mess twist on a traditional pizza. We call them puff pastry pizza pockets! Yum!
Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed per package instructions
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 lb salami, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, 4 oz
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat egg and water in small bowl with fork or whisk, set aside.
- Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Roll pastry sheet into 16" x 12" rectangle, short side facing you.
- Spread thin layer of sauce on pastry. Layer salami and basil on bottom half of pastry to within 1" of edge. Sprinkle with cheese, oregano and onions.
- Starting at short side, roll up like jellyroll. Place seam-side down onto baking sheet, tuck ends under to seal. Brush entire pizza puff with egg mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from baking sheet, let cool on wire rack (about 10 minutes).
Is there anything you can't make with a puff pastry?