What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Everybody loves chicken—yet coming up with fresh and easy ways to cook your favorite go-to can be a challenge! When it’s time for something new, try this easy recipe for lemon chicken!
This dish is made with einkorn flour, which has a rich, almost nutty flavor and is perfect for anyone sensitive to gluten. Don’t have einkorn flour or gluten sensitivities? You can also make savory lemon chicken using traditional all-purpose flour.
All you need is one lemon to flavor this recipe. We used a little zest, a few lemon slices and some of the fresh-squeezed lemon juice to flavor the chicken. We mastered the lemon, because nothing puts a pucker on your experience like an entrée that’s too sour.
For a creamier texture, add some butter off the heat during the last few minutes of the cooking process. See—we told you it was easy!
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose einkorn flour, 2.25 oz
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 slices of lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse and pat the chicken breasts dry then season lightly with salt and pepper. Dust the chicken breasts with flour, removing any excess, then set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, carefully add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on each side—approx. 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate then cover loosely with foil.
- Reduce the heat to low then add the chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon slices, oregano and basil to the skillet. Allow the liquid to come to a boil, stirring constantly to remove anything sticking to the bottom of the skillet.
- When the liquid has reduced by half, return the chicken to the skillet then cook until the chicken reheats and is cooked all the way through.
- Remove the breasts to a serving platter then top each breast with a slice of lemon. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the unsalted butter. Stir constantly to incorporate the butter into the sauce. Stir in the fresh parsley and taste the sauce for seasoning. Season with salt and pepper if desired then spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Serve while nice and hot. Enjoy!
Want to add romantic flare to this dish? Add a few capers to the pan while cooking—and voila—einkorn chicken piccata!