Spicy and warm chicken with cool dressing and crispy vegetables—there’s no better flavor variety than the one in our buffalo chicken wraps.
They’re quick and simple to make for game day or any night of the week when you’re in need of an impressive (but so easy!) meal. The slow cooker is a busy mom’s dream!
Serving the buffalo chicken wrapped in lettuce cups adds a nice crunch, but you can opt for your favorite tortilla or fresh-baked roll instead—even turn leftovers into a tasty salad for lunch the next day.
Nothing pairs better with buffalo chicken wraps than homemade French fries or use it on top of our delicious buffalo chicken potato skins!
buffalo chicken wraps recipe
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 12 oz bottle cayenne pepper sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- tortillas, or lettuce leaves
- carrots, shredded
- 1 celery stalk, sliced or julienned
- blue cheese crumbles
- blue cheese, or buttermilk ranch dressing
- Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker and pour in 1 cup of the cayenne pepper sauce. Sprinkle the onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper over the top and cook for 4–5 hours on low and 2½–3 hours on high.
- After the chicken is cooked, remove the breasts from the cooker and shred. Add the shredded chicken to a medium-sized bowl and stir in the melted butter. Add as much of the remaining pepper sauce as needed for flavor or consistency. (If you need additional moisture, you can always add a bit of the cooking liquid as well.)
- Place desired amount of filling into a tortilla and add carrots, celery, blue cheese crumbles and blue cheese or ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Always use thawed chicken—never frozen—in the slow cooker to prevent the spread of bacteria!