The best part about our recipe for homemade creamed corn? Everything happens in the slow cooker! It’s a really simple recipe and you can use the corn in a number of yummy ways.
Use it in corn chowder, tortilla soup, casserole, cornbread or even make corn fritters with it…the possibilities are endless. It’s a really versatile ingredient and delicious all on its own, too!
Creamed corn is the perfect side dish for everyday meals or big and important celebrations. It’s a total crowd-pleaser.
This is one of the easiest recipes you’ll find. All you have to do is put the ingredients into a slow cooker and then keep yourself busy with something else for four to six hours. There’s nothing to it.
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn Recipe
- 2 lbs corn kernels, frozen
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into 1" cubes
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt, more to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Add corn and evaporated milk into slow cooker and distribute the butter and cream cheese pieces across the top of the corn.
- Cook on low for 5–6 hours or high for 2–3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar, garlic powder and salt and stir to combine. Taste and season with pepper and additional salt if necessary.
- Remove about 1 cup of corn mixture and place in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Add corn puree back into the slow cooker, stir to combine and serve.
This creamed corn freezes really well, so you’ll have plenty on-hand for future recipes!