Our slow cooker spinach artichoke dip just takes 10 minutes to prepare—toss the ingredients in your slow cooker then forget all about it. When it’s ready to serve, this simple dish will be the reason all your favorite party people hover around the buffet!
You know it’s a winner when test-kitchen participants smear this dip on everything from a tortilla chip to a slice of corn bread. See it for yourself—because we’re willing to bet your guests will do the same thing with the nibbles placed on the table.
Make sure not to hold anything back when you squeeze excess water from the spinach and artichokes. The consistency of the dip should be thick and creamy! Serve with bread, crackers or fresh veggies and watch this super simple snack disappear in minutes.
Step this dip recipe up a notch by serving it in a homemade bread bowl!
Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 2 boxes spinach, frozen, thawed, chopped
- 1 bag artichoke hearts, thawed
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk, plus more if necessary
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- Squeeze as much water as possible from spinach and artichoke hearts by pressing in a colander. The more liquid you squeeze out, the thicker and more flavorful the dip will be.
- Chop spinach and artichokes coarsely then place in a large bowl. Stir in softened cream cheese until smooth and well combined. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, pepper jack, Parmesan, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste then mix thoroughly.
- Lightly coat inside of slow cooker with cooking spray then spread dip evenly into bottom of the dish. Cook on high for 2 hours, or until sides are brown and center is hot. If you would like to cook this on low heat, leave it in for 4 hours.
- Stir to recombine ingredients then taste for salt and pepper. Add a bit more milk if necessary to thin the dip. Keep dip on a warm setting in the slow cooker or transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.
Not only does the slow cooker bake the dip, but it also keeps it warm during the party. We call that a win-win!