This succulent, flavorful spicy baked shrimp recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep and tastes oh-so good!
A hearty snack or elegant entrée, this dish is easy to prepare, and you control the heat by adding as little or as much red pepper as desired.
You can buy fresh seafood at the grocery store, but if you’re short on time or on a budget, a bag of shrimp from the freezer section works equally well. Combine the butter and seasonings in a bowl then add defrosted shrimp. In as little as an hour, your shrimpies will absorb all the yummy spices while setting in the fridge.
When you’re ready, pop the little suckers in the oven for 8–10 minutes and watch as they turn a happy pink color and the sauce bubbles exuberantly. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Serve a side of bada-bing by adding rustic bread on the side to sop up the holy-delicious sauce!
Spicy Baked Shrimp Recipe
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, about ½ lemon
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp red pepper, crushed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb large shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- lemon wedges
- Combine melted butter, lemon juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add peeled and deveined shrimp, toss to coat and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and transfer shrimp into a 2-qt baking dish and bake for 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are cooked through.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, garnish with lemon wedges and serve shrimp over angel hair pasta or with plenty of crusty French bread for sopping up all of the wonderful sauce.
If you are feeding a crowd, this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled!