A little bit of dressing goes a long way when enjoying this spinach salad and that means fewer calories for you! Using just enough to moisten the greens brings out the full flavor of the chicken and veggies.
You’ll want to choose baby spinach with its tender leaves instead of the more mature variety. It won’t leave that familiar gritty taste in your mouth.
avocado chicken spinach salad recipe
- 8 oz baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, or lime juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Place chopped spinach, shredded chicken, tomatoes, avocados, pumpkin seeds and Parmesan cheese into a large salad bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all ingredients for dressing until it emulsifies (combines). Pour entire amount of dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to coat completely.
- Serve immediately with an extra sprinkling of Parmesan and black pepper. Enjoy!
Choose avocados that are still firm but give slightly when pressed on the stem end—soft spots indicate there’s bruising inside.