This strawberry pretzel salad recipe is the perfect dessert to make in one big pan or in individual serving containers. This is an awesome option because it’s more convenient for your guests to serve themselves.
Each layer of this delicious recipe is super easy to make. The sweet strawberry compote, smooth cream cheese and salty pretzel crust combine perfectly.
Don’t be afraid of the prep time of this recipe because most of it is waiting for the strawberries to soak and release those sweet juices.
We love this recipe because it’s so versatile! If you’re feeling a little creative, reduce the strawberries to 1 pound and add a pound of your favorite berries, like blueberries or raspberries. Yum!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
- strawberry compote
- 2 lbs strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pretzel crust
- 3 cups pretzels, crushed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, 1 stick
- cream cheese filling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz whipped topping, dairy or dairy-free, or whipped cream
- sprigs fresh mint, for garnish
- Mix strawberries and sugar in bowl then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pretzel crumbs, sugar and melted butter until pretzels are coated. Stir with fork until mixed well then spread crushed pretzels evenly onto baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes then cool completely.
- Take half of cooled pretzel mixture and spoon into jars; press gently into bottom.
- Beat sugar, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth then spoon filling into piping bag with round tip. Divide filling evenly between jars.
- Spoon remaining pretzel mixture into jars then add strawberry compote to jars.
- Top with dollop of whipped cream and garnish with pretzel crumbs and a mint sprig.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve then enjoy!
Try butter crackers instead of pretzels for another salty take on the crust!