Take a break from beef and try our super-moist chicken burger recipe. We used grated zucchini, minced jalapeño and Parmesan cheese to make a great-tasting burger with a kick!
We’ve tested a zillion different methods for cooking chicken and turkey burgers that aren’t dry, but always fail because the meat is so lean. Once we discovered that the grated zucchini helps to retain the moisture during the cooking process, we were unstoppable!
Enjoy these burgers on a bun, or go the low-carb route and use a lettuce wrap instead. Either way, you and the family will have a great go-to burger that’s appropriate to serve year-round.
Super-Moist Chicken Burger Recipe
- 3 cups zucchini, grated, skins on (about 2 small)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely minced or grated
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and finely minced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix zucchini, chicken, onion, jalapeno, garlic, salt, paprika and pepper together until completely combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Form each portion into a patty and place on the baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes until centers are firm. Remove the patties from the oven, move the oven rack to the top position then set oven to broil. While broiler is heating, sprinkle tops of each patty with a bit of Parmesan cheese. Return to oven to broil until tops are light brown and crispy.
- Serve alone or with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Looking for an interesting topper for these chicken burgers? Try our yogurt cucumber sauce!