Who knew something this beautiful would be both incredibly easy to make and super-tasty?
Whether you’re making this tart as part of a delicious brunch menu or to serve in the afternoon with tea, the bright colors and fresh flavors are sure to be a huge hit.
Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart Recipe
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup mild goat cheese
- 1/4 cup Basil leaves
- 5-10 tomatoes, (depending on size), sliced 1/4" thick
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh cracked pepper
- flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place pastry dough on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and roll out until it is an inch or so larger.
- Score a half-inch border all the way around pastry and brush with egg wash. Use a fork to poke holes in the center portion
- Move parchment paper and pastry onto a baking pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
- Allow pastry to cool, 10-15 minutes.
- Spread goat cheese inside center. Arrange tomato slices and basil leaves.
- Sprinkle with salt flakes and black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Admire. Eat.
A silicone baking mat ensures your tart won't stick and allows for easier serving.