Hot days call for chilled foods that are easy to make and fun to eat. Speaking of fun, our tomato and spinach pasta salad is just that. Spirals of cavatappi noodles make for a whimsical touch that’s inviting to adults and kids. Add to that a refreshing squeeze of lemon juice over plump tomatoes, crisp spinach and fresh basil–it’s really all you need to keep cool and happily full as you enjoy your summer days.
Looking for cavatappi noodles? Don’t make a special stop for this one ingredient. It can be conveniently found in the pasta aisle of your local grocery store.
Tomato and spinach pasta salad recipe
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta, cooked according to package
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups baby spinach
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Use heirloom grape or cherry tomatoes for added nutrition on flavor!