Summer heat can be quite a challenge when it comes to cooking but this no-cook veggie slaw recipe is both refreshing to look at and eat.
With a few simple ingredients and some nifty knife skills, you’ll be enjoying this carrot and cucumber slaw in no time.
Not a red onion fan? Don’t worry. Switch red onions for white for a milder flavor or try a yellow onion that will create a little sweetness.
Carrot Cucumber Veggie Slaw Recipe
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 2 green onion stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Combine onion, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and marinate 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Mix remaining ingredients in separate bowl and toss vegetables with red onion vinegar mixture and chill until ready to serve.
- Top with cilantro just before serving and enjoy!
Serve the slaw in a clear bowl and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro to show off the vibrant colors.